Presented by the Western North Carolina Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association, the event is free and the public is invited. Space is limited, so call the library at 336-498-3141 to sign up or for further information.
Alzheimer’s is not a part of normal aging, but a disease of the brain that causes problems with memory, thinking and behavior. The session will focus on:
· The impact of Alzheimer’s;
· The difference between Alzheimer’s and dementia;
· Alzheimer’s disease stages and risk factors;
· Current research and treatments available for some symptoms; and
· Alzheimer’s Association resources.
For more information about the Alzheimer’s Association, visit alz.org.